Monday’s look. I felt so pretty!
I am so proud of this blazer/dress combo. This is a great example of how to mix prints (though you may have heard all this before): Large scale with small, similar colors, yadda yadda yadda. I think this combo works especially well because the color of the dress is an accent color in the jacket, making it pulled-together but not matchy-matchy.
I used accessories to pull out other colors in the jacket: My favorite seahorse necklace to pull out the mint and my old go-to green Aldo bag to highlight the darker greens.
This jacket is a new fave. It’s Rag & Bone and I got such a fantastic deal on it–I found it for half price at a T.J. MAXX Runway store (the Runway stores are special, they have more high designer pieces–from Tory Burch skirts to Moschino cardigans to Alice and Olivia jackets to PS1 wallets. I even saw a Valentino dress there last time!), and then I used a store credit to cut THAT price in half. Gotta love it. It fits amazingly and the colors freshen a classic floral print. I spent a good many hours on Sunday reading the latest issue of Glamour, and there was a fantastic feature on Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone and their families. They’ve each got three kids and seem like really nice guys. Reading about the brand’s conception and heritage made me even more excited to rock this jacket the next day (and y’all have seen my amazing Rag & Bone BF jeans).
Speaking of the new issue of Glamour, I really suggest picking it up. It’s the 75th anniversary issue and it’s full of fantastic articles. Literally every time I turned the page there was another AMAZING story. Just to name a few:
- Interview and shoot with cover girl Taylor Swift
- A list of the top 75 women of the past 75 years, including a timeline of Glamour covers
- A beauty shoot and interview with new it-girl Lupita Nyongo
- A piece by Jimmy Fallon on his new show and new baby
- A shoot of Allison Williams looking gorgeous in fantastic metallics
- A laugh-out-loud article describing a woman’s attempts to go one whole week without griping
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, a collection of stories of women remembering their relationship “firsts”
Anywho, that made my Sunday all the brighter.
What I’m wearing:
- Ultra Flirt dress from Macy’s (also a great deal–I think it was like $17)
- Rag & Bone blazer from T.J. MAXX Runway
- MANGO necklace
- Bracelets from Nordstrom (I think they’re Anne Klein?)
- Betsey Johnson earrings
- Aldo bag
- Anne Taylor tights
- Madden Girl boots
Have a great week, I’ll have a romantic Valentine’s outfit for you Friday!
Post title from “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis